Friday, May 18, 2007

Mom's Day

It's lovely to be living so close to the family now. We got to drive in "to the city" last weekend to spend time with them.




In other news, we got our trailer cheque the other day and deposited it in our bank yesterday.
We are now debt free on our line of credit, our vehicle and our credit card. Ooh that feels good! And, we still would make a good chunk of change if we sold our apartment.

We met with a mortgage specialist as our mortage was up for renewal in two weeks. It is absolutely insane how much has come together during this time, including, as mentioned, our mortgage. He gave us some very encouraging words and some good advice on our mortgage renewal so we're not locked in for if and when we buy a house.

All in all, things are going smoothly. Now, if I could just get a hang to this job.

3 comments:

  1. I recognize those IKEA lunch trays. That's awesome timing on your mortgage.

    New jobs take time to settle into, but I'm sure you'll do awesome at it! In fact, from what I've heard, it already sounds like you're doing awesome at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ryan, I appreciate the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys have done really well for yourselves! They say where you end up has a lot to do with where you started (yes, it was from a Canadian Tire commercial) and you guys seem to be off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete