Friday, August 10, 2007

Updates 'n all

Right. So, lots of drivel on my posts lately, nothing of substance. I guess it's because I'm in a weird place right now. There is so much craziness going on my life and sometimes it's easier to just be silly than serious.
I am sooooo excited right now for my best friends. They're having a baby really soon, and I can't even believe that it has already time for them to be parents. I remember back in the day when us and them would talk about five year plans. Guess those five, well, OK, six years, are now here.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to fill the role of a job that is usually assigned to someone older and with more experience than myself. It's a challenge, to put it lightly. Now I'm finding that motivation is tricky. I've got absolutely no one expecting certain stories, photo assignments etc. from me. And sometimes, that means I'm not doing stories that I should. I think once the Fall is here, people are back full-time at work etc., it will be easier. Right now, every place I phone, someone is on holidays. Plus our office has had its fair share of holiday-goers.

We're working on a few big supplements right now though, and I am scared! They're big, and if they flop, it's all on my shoulders. However, if they do well, it will bode well for my whole little office. So it's definitely putting some good pressure on my butt.

My brother, sister-in-law and very dear nephew are moving to another province soon. It's crazy, we just can't seem to get all of us living anywhere close to each other. When we were first married, my man and me moved straight to the coast. they got married a year later and lived in Alberta and my hometown. They moved down here and lived in Vancouver, then moved to New West when the little guy came. Then we moved to Golden, which is on the other side of BC! Then we moved back to this end, and now they're moving to the other side of the BC border. Crazy.

I'm worried my brother and I will never see each other again, at least not for a long time. Both his job and mine will not exactly allow flexible time-off schedules or anything, so I think it will be awhile before we have our famous Christmas pictures again. It will make my mom sad, but it will make me sad too.

To add to the opened can of worms, there's my dear and near hubby. I love him a lot, but we just can't seem to get our job situations to work together. Since we've been married, he's either had a great job or I have. The two of us have yet to both be working satisfactorially and that doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. I've tried talking to a couple people about it, but no one else seems to have any good answers as to why that is.

OK, I could go on, but I'm actually at work right now. I suppose that means I should be working.
Thanks for listening, blogosphere.
Sincerely,
Super Sleuth

2 comments:

  1. Good thing God knows what he's doing. I suppose I have felt slightly inadequate throughout my marriage due to the fact I haven't really had a decent job ever. I just try to hold on to the notion that God has everything under control and even though I don't understand it and I get very frustrated, He's got my back. and He has yours as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, you're right, it is a good thing God knows what He's doing. I guess I just need reminded of that sometimes. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete