Sunday, October 9, 2011

Thanksgiving



Thankful today for so many things. But most of all, thankful that the Lord blessed us with such a beautiful baby 11 months ago. He is my boy, and I am his momma, and that is a blessing beyond understanding. There is nothing I did or can do to deserve this perfect child, this baby with his body and mind intact, who is growing, learning, developing, who has no genetic diseases, sicknesses, who can see and hear and taste and touch and smell, who understands and responds. I cannot praise the Lord enough for this child of mine.


And in related news, Isaac is a crawler now! Hurray!! Within days of him "creeping" a bit across the floor, he was learning to pull with his arms and push with his toes, and is a boy on the move now. He gets his bum a little bit in the air, and it's still a lot of hard work. But he can motor from one end of the living room to the other, and come out into the hallway when I'm in the kitchen. It's cute and pathetic at the same time, because he's crawling and crying since it's still hard work for him. I feel like he's thinking, "Mommy, how come you don't want to be with me as much as I want to be with you?!" He's working so hard to get to me, but then it's so rewarding because I meet him in the hallway and scoop him up in my arms and get the best cuddles!! I love this kid.

1 comment:

  1. These 11 months sure have flown by fast! It has been so nice getting to know you & your little man. ~ Jen
    P.S. Thanks for calling on Friday - I needed that!

    ReplyDelete