Monday, July 16, 2012

A recap of my birthday

Today's birthday was much better than last year, when Isaac, Justin and I were sick at home instead of being at the cabin in Prince George like we'd planned. So anything this year would top that one. We got home late from Tillicum last night due to a horrendous ferry affair, so Isaac and I were both pretty tired this morning. But we had a nice breakfast of french toast and some cereal. Isaac kindly helped this morning by opening up the bottom drawer in the suite's kitchen and taking every dish out of it. Thanks Isaac!

I reorganized our bags from the island and did a load of laundry, then actually managed to have a shower while Isaac got to watch a bit of Baby Signing Time. First time I've had a shower while he's been up and I've been home alone with him. Luckily in the suite, I can leave the bathroom door open and see him sitting in his chair in front of the TV, so I had a relaxing and worry-free shower with him in my view.

We drove to BC Children's for an appointment. It went really well, with the doctor again being happy with his development gains for the most part except to do with his speech. We're going to investigate further in case it's related to his early development delays.


Then we went for lunch with Becky to a sushi place near her work. I had a motherhood fail moment when I parked. Isaac had fallen asleep on the drive from the hospital (under 10 minutes from parking lot to parking near her work - very unusual for him), so I decided to put him in the Beco and hope he would sleep again. For some reason I couldn't get him to sit on my back right so he was resting really high. I leaned into the car to look for some change for the meter and whacked his lip on the top of the car. I quickly took him out and found he was bleeding on this mouth: poor kid! He was OK though, and I just carried him to Becky's work and to lunch.

Lunch was nice but oh-so-much work with a toddler. He has a nasty habit of throwing food and being a general nuisance when we're eating, so it's not relaxing for me. But I got a good visit in with Becky.

Drove back to the suite where Isaac had the worst time falling asleep for his nap (about 40 minutes before he settled down compared to his usual five). Then he woke up crying after 40 minutes, so we got to snuggle a bit in bed and have a little snooze together. That's a nice present for Momma : )

Justin came home while we were snoozing; he had shopped for an INCREDIBLE picnic dinner. We stopped for drinks at Starbucks and went to Trout Lake for dinner. It was awesome. Isaac ate a bit, got thoroughly dirty playing in the sand at the playground and we got to relax and eat fresh-cut veggies with dip, fruit, pasta salad and greek salad and cheese breadsticks. Yum! I absolutely love picnics with my family.






After we got back and gave Isaac a bath (the water was definitely discoloured from all the dirt we scrubbed off) and put him to bed, we watered the lawn at my aunt's and then enjoyed delicious cupcakes for dessert. It was a wonderful day and a great way to celebrate my special day.

No comments:

Post a Comment