Isaac knows what a peel is because we eat bananas or oranges at breakfast almost every day. So last week he's eating a piece of toast, looks at the crust and says, "peel." Made me laugh.
Our precious baby girl has been smiling almost from the get-go, and no, it's not gas. She reacts to things we do, like touch her cheek or give her a big smile. Last night Justin was holding her and she gave him the biggest open mouth smiles you have ever seen. Too bad neither of us had a camera handy, but we'll catch it one of these times.
It is nearly impossible to get two kids fed, happy, well rested and at the same time stay sane. But I'm working on it.
My life is crazier, fuller, more overwhelming and more satisfying than I ever imagined it would be with two children. I am blessed.
Last night I fervently prayed ("begged") God for rest. And after four hours of Promise crying / nursing / crying / trying to shhh her to sleep, she finally fell asleep at 10:30 and didn't wake up until 3 a.m. to nurse. God is good! Then she woke up at 6 a.m., nursed, went back to sleep before Isaac woke up for the day so I actually got to spend about an hour with him before she woke up again. It was a nice start to the day, even though her rest periods went downhill after that. Although now she's sleeping after about an hour of trying to get her to sleep, and Isaac is sleeping so maybe things are starting to look up. I too was trying to sleep but she kept waking every 10 minutes and then finally fell asleep so I did too and then someone knocked on the door. Grrr. Oh well.
Isaac's word count is astounding now, I am so proud of my boy.
Our children already seem to love each other, something that thrills me to no end. Promise looks up at Isaac today and gave him a very lovely smile. He moved a bit and she craned her neck backwards to look at him again and smiled even more. And Isaac comes up and kisses Promise on the forehead while I'm nursing her, and he brings her box of toys out when she's having her awake time after nursing. It's very sweet.
Lots more to remember but the monitor tells me one of my babies is up. Gotta go : )
No comments:
Post a Comment