We've been using some of the basic signs with Promise for awhile now. The only one she's really picked up on is "All done." She's not consistent with it, but she's pretty good. Tonight, I asked her if she was all done. She looked at me, looked at her hand, quickly shoved the last bite of cookie in her mouth and whipped up her hands to sign "all done."
We were in a hurry to go somewhere last week. Isaac takes forever going down the stairs because there's always some imaginative play involved.
"C'mon Isaac," I say from the bathroom. "Mommy is all ready to go, we need to get downstairs and leave."
"You not ready Momma," Isaac replies. I thought he'd caught my lie as I had yet to brush my hair. Clever kid, I thought. "You don't have shoes on," he concludes. I love it when he's funny without even meaning to be.
Yesterday morning, Promise and Isaac were having a rare moment of mutually-happy play together. H was laying down and she was clambering over him. She bit into his hair.
"Promise, I'm not food," he said with laughter.
No comments:
Post a Comment