Don't know if anyone is reading this anymore, since no one seems to blog. (Augh, Facebook. Why did you take over Cyberspace?)
Anyway, I plan to post Christmas pix, just haven't uploaded any yet. I've been having a lovely time off work. Guess what I've been doing on my precious days off? Cleaning! That's right folks, I'm as exciting as a hard boiled egg.
I was going to memorize this poem, but it's so funny I figure this is a better way to share it. My coworker got it in a newsletter from our local fitness centre.
T'was the month after Christmas
and all through the house,
nothing would fit me, not even a blouse.
The cookies I'd nibbled, the eggnog I had to taste,
at the holiday parties had gone to my waist.
When I got on the scales there arose such a number!
When I walked to the store (less a walk than a lumber),
I'd remember the marvelous meals I'd prepared,
The gravies and sauces and beef nicely rared.
The wine and the rum balls; the bread and the cheese,
and the way I'd never said, "No thank you, please."
As I dressed myself in my husband's old shirt,
and prepared once again to do battle with dirt,
I said to myself, as only I can,
"You can't spend a winter disguised as a man!"
So, away with the last of the sour cream dip.
Get rid of the fruit cake, every cracker and chip.
Every last bit of food that I like must be banished,
'til all the additional ounces have vanished.
I won't have a cookie - not even a lick.
I'll want only to chew on a long celery stick.
I won't have hot biscuits, or corn bread, or pie,
I'll munch on a carrot and quietly cry.
I'm hungry, I'm lonesome, and life is a bore,
But isn't that what January is for?
Unable to giggle, no longer a riot.
Happy New Year to all and to all a good diet!
Author unknown
Ok so i haven't read this in awhile so now i must comment on the last few blog! 1st - how come even when you decide you are done with the sweets of Christmas you still crave them, even though you don't actually want them! sigh.
ReplyDelete2nd - oh man, don't remember what I was going to say about your christmas list, maybe something about how I asked for a subscription to women's health and so your subscription to a newspaper struch me as funny - in a good way! in a way that makes me grateful for everyone being so different and makes me love people more! oh and also, I didn't know you were selling your apartment!
3rd - totally know what you mean about not knowing home, in a different way for me i think but i still feel homeless...
let's hang out soon!
HA! That's a funny poem. And I am still reading your blog. Facebook has not taken over my cyber life...although I don't think it's from the devil anymore...but that's a post on its own.
ReplyDelete