We celebrated in style by going to Sun Peaks for the weekend with Colin and Nancy and Nathan. We had an awesome time skiing, playing Settlers, hanging out and celebrating both Justin and Colin's 30 years on this planet.
There was this one run called Mid Life Crisis, so of course, we decided the boys had to go on that run. Little did I know I would fall off the tow rope chair and get frustrated going down a run I definitely did not like with goggles that fogged up on me. But it was worth it when we finally found the sign (second run up that chair) for this great photo. Love the thumbs up!
The boys skiing:
Me and my man on the slopes:
Other random shots on the hill;
We went out for dinner Saturday evening for birthday dinner. Service was less than supreme, but we knew the boys would be getting a free dessert at the end of the meal so I kind of shrugged off the service level. However, we were in for a 'surprise' from the waitress after our dinner was long gone from the table and we asked for a dessert menu so Nancy and I could have a dessert while Justin and Colin got their free birthday treat. Instead, she brought us ONE piece of cake with four forks. We had to laugh, what else could we do?!!!
Nathan seemed to enjoy himself on his first JLO-CONAN trip too. He was a fun little guy to have along.
Justin and I rented a chalet at the hill. It was magnificent. I absolutely loved it, and it was nice to have a place with a table and sitting area for the five of us to hang out in.
That was so fun! Unfortunately, I have a condition known as MTF (mother's trigger finger) which only allows me to take photos of the baby, so I don't have any good ones of the actual trip. These are great!
ReplyDeleteGreat post. Looks like a lot of fun, we've only been to Sun Peaks in the summer months, but it's still fun then, to take the chair lift up and do some hikes.
ReplyDelete