Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Where is Canada going? . . .

I really feel strongly that we need to be praying about this whole situation and for this man.
Dr. Henry Morgentaler is one of Canada's most prominent abortion advocates. He started conducting the first abortions in Canada, and he was the man who presented the case to the House of Commons back in 1967 to get rid of the laws against abortion in Canada.



He now has supporters wanting him to be recognized with the Order of Canada, Canada's highest honour.
Dr. Mogentaler is 84 years old and clearly still believes that killing unborn babies is acceptable. I really feel that we need to be praying not only that he does NOT get the Order of Canada, as it would further legitimize this wrong in the eyes of Canadians, but we need to be praying that his eyes are opened to what he has done and that he turns to God before his death. Pray that he does not die until he knows the love of Christ, the power of the Holy Spirit and repentance for the thousands upon thousands of lives he has destroyed by his advocacy of this extraordinarily horrible practice.

On a side note about him:
According to Wikipedia (I know, not always so reliable, but still . . ) Morgentaler has an estimated gross annual revenue of $11 million from his abortion clinics, according to research published in the Quebec/Franco-Ontarian paper Le Droit on Saturday, October 26, 2002.

4 comments:

  1. That is sad. Did you vote?

    I noticed there's billboards going up now pointing out that it's legal to have an abortion in Canada all the way up to nine months. I didn't know that. I haven't heard any stories of anyone getting an abortion at that stage, thank goodness, but the fact that it's legal scares me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Second post I had a wrong number at the front, so had to delete it!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ryan,
    Thanks. I hadn't noticed the vote option. Looks good for the 'no' side right now.
    Yes, Canada still allows abortions right up until nine months. I just searched for stats, and on a website called www.abortionincanada.ca, the stats for 2004 said total abortions that year (that were recorded keep in mind) was 100,039. The number done between 0-12 weeks was 31,994, number at13-24 weeks was 4,845, the number at 25-33 weeks plus was 35, and the number unknown was 63,165 (I think Quebec doesn't record).
    That is a lot of lives lost, in one year alone. And that doesn't count clinic statistics from Manitoba. Stats Canada also admits to suppressing some of the numbers "to meet confidentiality requirements." Whatever that means . . .

    According to the same website, a total of 401 abortions took place when the unborn baby was more than 20 weeks gestation, able to feel pain and survive outside the womb.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is horrible. I can't say I am surprised, it's as easy as taking a few pills, if you are under 12 weeks, and then some pain meds for a couple of days, and then you're "home free". You don't even have to have any procedures done besides the pills, if you catch it early enough.

    ReplyDelete