Sunday, June 15, 2008

My daddy

What can I say about my dad? He has been such a great father to me; he's my loudest cheering section, my strongest encourager and my wise counsellor. He is always there for me, and I trust his judgement and direction as he speaks into my life to encourage me to thrive and grow as a Christian woman.
He has more strength of character than anyone you'll meet, and he lives his life the way I would like to - with conviction in his beliefs and with a passionate unwavering drive. He is hard working, honest and just never quits.
He loves his Lord, he loves his wife, and he loves me. These things I will never doubt and that brings me immeasurable comfort.
I love my daddy.
Happy Father's Day Dad!



The older I get, the more I realize how much I value relationships not just in what they are to me, but what they are to those around me. My dad is a great grandpa to my nephew, a super husband to my mom, a fantastic father-in-law to my husband and everyone who meets my dad always gets a smile on their face.






Now, generally my father is quite serious. But once, in a rare moment, you can capture the glimmer, nay, the hint, of silliness in my stately father.







My dad is always there for me, and goes out of his way to make sure I know I am loved and valued and that means the world to me. I sure miss living close to both my parents, but I am so thankful that I have such a great dad and mom that I enjoy spending time with and sharing my life with.
Happy Father's Day Dad. I love you.

Lorene

1 comment:

  1. Usually SERIOUS? Are we talking about the same person??
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete