Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Well that's new

Apparently you have stranger anxiety now. Huh. That's definitely new.

Last week your friend Ty and his mom Kylie came over and you seemed just fine with them. That was Wednesday. Then Friday we went to a barbecue at Ryan and Jenn's. You were fine while I was holding you, but our friend Kate took you so I could eat a burger (Daddy left for his Ultimate game) and you cried and cried and cried. You absolutely. Were. NOT. Happy.

I thought maybe you were just tired, but once I took you back again, you were fine.

We had Auntie Becky over for dinner Sunday night and you were definitely concerned. You cried some, even though she didn't try to hold you, and took lots of time just looking at her and studying. Hmmm, I think you were wondering just who this lady was and what she was up to in your house!

Last night you re-met Grandma and Grandpa. You've actually been around them lots, they were even the first people you met after you were born. But they haven't been around in five weeks and for you, that's like a really super duper long time!

You cried when Grandma tried holding you, and again looked quite concerned with these strangers in our house. So much for Mommy and Daddy's plan to go out to a movie tonight and leave you with Grandma. Oh well, you'll get used to them once they're back for awhile in the Fall. In the meantime, I think you'd prefer to just stick close to your favourite two people.

Oh, as a sidenote, other new things that are super fun:
Last night we walked to Dairy Queen with Grandma and Grandpa. You saw a firetruck and got really excited. It was so cute!

You also love watching the neighbourhood kids on their bikes. We went out a couple days ago and just sat on the lawn watching the kids bike back and forth. You smiled almost every time they passed by, and watched intently as they rode. Then this morning you were thrilled at all the action out our window as the maintenance people mowed our lawn.

You are so much fun Isaac. We love watching as you discover new things, explore, learn and grow in your own time.

No comments:

Post a Comment