Dear Isaac,
On Friday, you were exactly 37 and a half weeks old. It's hard to believe you've now been outside my belly longer than you were inside. Some days, it seems like only a few months ago that you were born. But you are only one week away from being NINE whole months old - wow!
I love thinking about my pregnancy, realizing it was you in there the whole time, my baby. When I felt feet pushing against my belly, those were your feet. When I felt movement, that was you. When I talked to you, it was your ears that were listening.
I love you Isaac, and am so glad I get to live my life as your mommy.
You sure have been growing lately, learning new things and mastering tricks you learned before. You've become quite the little roller, turning this way and that to grab a toy that catches your eye. This morning as I ate breakfast, I looked into the living room and you had rolled at least two times completely over and were on the very edge of the carpet by the fireplace. It wasn't that long ago where you couldn't roll at all and now you're a regular rolling wonder.
You are also a sitting boy since I last wrote on the blog. When we were at Purden, your cousin Wyatt loaned you a toy, "the casino," that encourages sitting up to play with toys in front of you. That seemed to be all the incentive you needed and you figured out how to keep your body from tumbling. We are so proud of you! Since coming back home, you've gone from not really wanting to be put down in a seated position to not minding it at all. And while you still sometimes lose your balance, most of the time you have no problem staying upright. Momma still puts a pillow behind your back though because when you fall backwards it hurts!
We finally bought you a highchair, your bumbo was getting to be dangerous as you could lean over and almost tip it. You've only been in the highchair a few days, but already you are getting better at your pincer grasp. Having finger foods right in front of you is making it easier to practice picking up. So far, your finger foods have been cheerios, brocolli, cucumber and this morning I gave you a few blueberries to practice. You actually managed to pick up a blueberry using your index finger and thumb, but then couldn't quite get it into your mouth. I know you'll get it soon though, I can tell you're almost there.
You absolutely LOVE watching kids. We've got a parade of children that bike back and forth in front of our home, and you enjoy sitting on the picnic blanket watching them cycle and play with each other. In fact, you love the outdoors in general. When we go to the front door and open it, you squeal with delight and wave your arms around. That's one of your happy signs : )
We go to the park quite often and you smile in the baby swing, enjoying the wind in your hair. We also sit at the splash park and watch the kids there play. There is so much to look at! On Friday I think it was, Daddy came with us to the splash park and he actually took you towards the water. You weren't squealing, but you weren't crying either. You were studying I think, as you often do with something new. I don't think you'll be the kind of boy to jump headfirst into things. I think you'll want to figure it out first, to study and understand it before trying. And those are good things to do, it means you'll think through actions before doing something you might regret later.
Well, I'm actually supposed to be grocery shopping right now. You're down for your morning nap and I've got lots of baby food to make (just picked up meat from The Town Butcher yesterday). I sure love you little one, and am so glad I'm your momma. I can't believe you've been in this world as long as you have, and can't wait to see what the future holds for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment