Monday, September 26, 2011

Catching up and all that

Well, Jen started blogging again. Not only did she make me laugh (as always), she also made me feel slightly guilty about not posting. After all, if a mom of two kids can blog, then surely a mom of one small, not even mobile child, can blog too.

Harumph.

Besides, I wanted to blog to remember the details of these times with my boy. Already they are going by too quickly, and before I know it I'll be sending him off to Kindergarten. Then I will cry and sit with a very large cup of coffee (with a hint of Baileys perhaps), and want to read EVERY SINGLE BLOG POST about my little baby boy.

So that means I should actually write some blog posts about him.

Let's see...


Isaac is 10 months and 11 days old now. He is still not crawling. But he leans wayyyyy forward to reach for stuff. If there's nothing to reach for, he finds something invisible, or a very small piece of lint / garbage / dirt and reaches for that. But yeah, hasn't figured out that he has strong enough limbs to propel him forward yet. I've got my camera at the ready, as I'm sure it will be any day now. Never mind the fact I've been saying that for the last month.

Isaac is loud. I can't even describe his loudness, except in comparison to other kids. We started going to a baby storytime at the library by my aunt's house (yeah, more on that later). We've been the first two sessions so far. One time had 13 kids, next had 15, ranging from newborn to two years old. Isaac was by far the loudest of ALL the kids there! He's got a voice and he likes to use it. I keep telling everyone he takes after the Keitch side. Ha ha ha.

He still likes rattles, loves rolling balls, enjoys bath time and loves to be outside. And any time he hears a plane he looks intently at the sky until he spots it. Then he follows the plane until it's out of sight. When we pick up Daddy from his work sometimes, there are huge planes that fly right overhead (Justin works right near the airport in Richmond). Isaac is simultaneously scared and excited when they fly really low.

Daddy is best at making Isaac laugh. They pretty much just look at each other and Isaac starts laughing, just knowing that Justin will do something soon to entertain him. I can make Isaac laugh by throwing him up in the air, swinging him upside down, sometimes making silly sounds, and hiding around his high chair and peek-a-booing. I can make him smile by singing 'bananaphone', playing peek-a-boo, playing ball with him, letting him tip over his toy bin then setting it upright over and over. He has a toy with little pop up animals and he likes it when I pop them up so he can close them again.

Isaac eats pretty much everything we eat now, and in large quantities. This morning for breakfast, he had an entire peach (minus the skin), a whole piece of brown toast, an entire scrambled egg (and I'm not egg-aggerating here, heh heh heh), about a quarter cup of apple sauce, handful of cheerios, and about a third cup of blueberries. That's pretty typical for breakfast, though he usually has a whole banana too but we were out today.

He still has two naps a day, ranging anywhere from 40 minutes to an hour and a half depending on the day and what we're up to. Our bedtime routine of three books (one crunchy / noisy one, one normal, and one small one that if he wants he can take to bed to gnaw on) has stayed the same. But now, I give Isaac a couple options for books. I hold two in front of him, and he hits the one he wants. It's so cute to see him asserting himself, and he really studies the two book covers before deciding usually unless it's one of his favourites. 'Hello', from my Auntie Liz, always wins no matter what other book it's up against! I love reading with my boy. Then I sing a couple songs and always end with the same one (the 'Discovery' I love the world song). He does super well with naps, and sleeps at night from about 7 pm to 6:30 am. give or take half an hour.
http://youtu.be/NqV3clvlC4Q

Well, lots more I could say. But this is looong. And since the only people reading it are my mom and Jen, I'll wrap it up : ) I guess I could link it to FB, but there are so many people I don't really care to have reading my blog, I don't bother. Besides, at the end of the day, this is for me to remember my baby, and give me something to do while he's at Kindergarten to keep me from drinking myself silly and making a fool of myself when I pick him up at the end of the day. Future Lorene, you're welcome.


Oh my gosh, where did my baby go? Look at the size of this chunky monkey.

1 comment:

  1. Isaac is so adorable... who wouldn't want to read about him?!

    ReplyDelete