Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Isaac's first birthday!




Today my baby turned one year old! It's hard to believe my tiny little scrunchy monkey is now a busy, noisy, crawling one year old.

Today was a good day. We are having a crazy big party on Saturday, so today was lovely in its low-key, relaxed type way. Didn't make a big deal out of anything, just relaxed and enjoyed the day together. Isaac gave us a bit of a gift this morning by just laying in bed cuddling after he had his bottle. He never cuddles and is always on the move, so that was a nice treat. If Justin didn't have to head off to work, Isaac might have even fallen asleep again!

We played for a bit, then I made Isaac blueberry pancakes for breakfast - I think that's his favourite. There was a little bit of orange juice in the fridge so he got to have that too. He's only had a bit of orange juice before but he sure likes it!

After his morning nap we played again, then went to Renfrew Park for a bit to go on the swings and the slide. The sun was out but it sure was cold. Isaac got a bit wind-burnt and we were only out for maybe half an hour to 45 minutes.

We had grilled cheese for lunch - definitely one of his favourites - then played a bit more before his afternoon nap. Unfortunately his nap wasn't long enough and he was clingy in the later afternoon. But it just meant dinner wasn't quite ready when Justin got home.

We had lasagna (frozen leftovers from my massive lasagna I made last month), and I pan fried butternut squash - a definite veggie fave for our boy!

After dinner we got ready for Isaac's smash cake. Oh boy, what a production that was! Good thing it was just us, the kitchen was filled with the vinyl sheet, and I was basically in the way of Justin shooting photos because the space is so small. But it was definitely worth it! Isaac had so much fun, ate some cake, got thoroughly messy and now we will have some fun first birthday pictures to treasure.

He got dropped right into a bath, then got to open his presents after. We gave him a book that will be better when he's older and doesn't rip pages, a dish set from Ikea with a suction-cup bowl and a sippy cup that he picked up right away and tried drinking out of! And we gave him a jungle puzzle. I love the Melissa and Doug brand stuff, they are all very cool designs and I love that it's wood too. Isaac had fun playing with the three puzzle pieces and I think that will be a good toy.

We ended the day as we always do, reading a couple stories, praying over him then singing a couple songs. All in all, it was a day mostly like any other - except the smash cake and presents! - and it was a good day. Happy 1st birthday Isaac!

No comments:

Post a Comment