1. I love food. Unfortunately I'm not a snobby gourmand that only loves really good food, because then I wouldn't always eat whatever food jumps at me from the pantry or fridge. Sigh.
2. At least once a day I look at all of Isaac's toys scattered around the living room and I think of the bajillion kids around the world with none. There is such an imbalance in the world, how will I teach my son to have compassion and understanding and to do something about the imbalance instead of just playing with his toys in this western world's version of "normal"?
3. I really, really miss living in my own home. 'Nuf said.
4. If anyone ever, ever suggests I work on a book again, it's possible I might punch them in the face, delete their contact from my phone and never talk to them again. If I know it's a God-thing, I might just cry and run away myself.
5. I love my hubby so much. He is so perfect for me; in both of our imperfections we still manage to have one beautiful marriage together.
6. I wish I was a funny writer. I've come to realize it's something you either have or you don't have, and I definitely don't have. Not to say funny things don't happen to me, I just can't seem to convey them as well in person or on paper. And I'm OK with that.
7. I love being a mommy. Seriously, if I knew it was this amazing I might have started having kids at 20 and not stopped. That would mean I'd probably have at least four or five by now. Crazy to think how different my life would have been!
8. Isaac is so much fun, is growing so much, is such a great kid and I feel blessed to be raising him.
9. Trying to get fit really sucks. It just makes me more aware of the weight I'm not losing, the chubby belly I still have and the absolute lack of strength I have physically and mentally. At least when I'm not trying to get fit it's easy to ignore all these things. I've been going to the gym now for a month and I've lost about three pounds then gained back two. And no, it's not in muscle.
10. I am tired but have a POC meeting tomorrow and really should be working on that instead of killing time on my ol' blog. I have the worst self discipline in the world.
I can't wait for you to be back here either!
ReplyDeleteAND I DO think you're funny!
AND Justin & Isaac are lucky to have you as such a wonderful woman in their life!
AND I cringe when I think of having to do a big project like POC while having a little one... you rock!