One month of 2012 is already down. Good grief the days and months and years are starting to fly. My mom was talking about a lady she met and how she thought she would be old, but it turned out the woman looked like she was in her 40's (and therefore means she was in fact young).
I was about to crack a joke about 40's still being old, when I realized I am but one decade shy of this age myself. Eek!


January kind of sped by. We were out in Chilliwack last weekend for a first birthday party, stayed for church Sunday and went to our care group monthly pot luck Bible study night. Weekends away are always tough on Isaac as he hates sleeping in a different spot (even if it's the same "different" spot each time we go to Chilliwack!) And then of course he sleeps in the car on the way home and we have to move him from the car to bed and he always wakes up.It's definitely work to stay connected to people. But it's in the showing up that people start to count you as more than acquaintance. I want to have people to think of me when they want to hang out, to call me if they need help or to share a meal together. And that only happens by showing up. For birthdays. For coffee. For whatever it is that matters to that person. So yeah, we've gone out to Chilliwack a number of times over the last few months in anticipation that Justin will land a job in the valley. Please, Lord!




Isaac had two pediatrician appointments in January. One with Dr. Ebesh, one at Children's. Both said he's looking good. Children's ped will keep Dr. Ebesh on our care list so if we need him we've got him, which is good news as it is literally impossible to get a pediatrician in Chilliwack unless referred for something specific by your family doctor. Which we don't have. So this is good.
As for his health, Isaac is hitting about 24 lb now, and doing all that a boy his age "should" be.



At the start of January I got a 'health profile' at my gym. It basically showed that I have no health to profile! A personal trainer did a whole fitness test with me, talked about nutrition etc. It was good, but I have been pretty bad this month for eating healthy.
That's a post in and of itself, so we'll just leave that one, shall we?
Moving along...
Dave came for one weekend as he had to fly in for some training at head office. It was awesome having him around. We picked him up from the Abby airport, spent Saturday in Chilliwack just visiting. My parents had the Toyotas and Nick over for dinner, then we put Isaac to bed and Dave and Justin and I went up to their house to play Carcassone. Love that game!
On Sunday Justin and Dave played a couple rounds of disc golf after going to our church then out for some not-very-good pho. That's what we get for eating pho in Coquitlam instead of Vancouver : )
On the Monday of Dave's trip we went out for dessert with Becky to Milestones. She is such a good friend, I love all this time I've gotten to spend with her lately! And also, Milestones has REALLY good desserts. Mmmm.
My other big social outing this month was a trip to Ikea with Jen and her surprisingly well behaved boys. Surprising because she made it sound like we might be embarking on
a journey of mayhem and madness. Instead, we looked at duvets, ate some tasty lunch and had a nice chat while our three ones did their best to cover all of the table and floor with their meals. Actually, that was mostly probably all Isaac. Little monkey.
My alone time with Isaac has mostly been spent at home. Brr, it's cold outside! But we also venture to the amazing play place at Brentwood mall, to the beautiful park just down the road from us, occasionally to Starbucks for a treat, to Walmart or Pricesmart or Superstore for grocery shopping, or to the library for storytime. I know, my life is so glamorous.
At the end of the month we took a trip to downtown to get Isaac's passport application in. I loaded the stroller up with toys and goodies, we took the bus then the skytrain, waited in a long line then waited more in the official waiting area. Isaac did really well, playing with his toys, crawling all over the place and eating lots of snacks. Now we can go on our family cruise in the Spring. Woo hoo!
Lovely update! At first I thought the pic of Isaac at Ikea was him by one of those funky icecube trays... why in my head they would make them THAT big is beyond me! I am praying too that Justin lands a perfect job in the Valley. :)
ReplyDelete