My boy is WALKING!
Yup. He finally decided to stand up on his adorably chubby stubby legs and shuffle his feet forward. It's a super duper exciting milestone for me and his daddy, especially since all the other little 'uns who were born around the same time as Isaac have been walking to the moon and back already.
Isaac just wasn't in any big hurry to start walking. The kid can crawl like nobody's business, and it worked just fine for him. I really don't know what made him decide that he didn't need his walking car anymore, or pushing his ride-on car around, or the laundry basket, or the kitchen stool, or a chair. I think it was Saturday morning, Justin put him down on his feet, let go and Isaac took a couple steps. By Saturday afternoon he did about six steps while we were at a birthday party for his friend Oliver.
By Monday our boy was walking up a storm, probably doing 10 steps in a row, and every time I turned around he seemed to be walking more. He wasn't waiting for us to prompt him anymore, he's just been practicing, practicing, practicing. It is pretty darn awesome!So, now is the time that I should include some video. Yup, I should do that. All I've got is little snippets of him walking between lots of footage of him playing, crawling, squawking and so on. So the plan is to put together a little video montage of Isaac walking. But imovie has about a bazillion video clips in it and it takes forever to load and all my videos definitely need a little snip snip before they are fit for public viewing so for now, this is all you get.
Brag on! He is adorable!
ReplyDelete