Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Nutella is yummy

Is it wrong to sit down with just a spoon and a jar of Nutella? I have had SUCH a sweet tooth this pregnancy. Seriously, it's ridiculous. But I don't want just any sweets. I want Nutella, or cookies, or candy like those chewy blue sharks and the fruit berry things. Mmmm. And I've had a kick for milk chocolate too, of all things, after being a diehard dark chocolate fan forever.
Isaac doesn't mind me having a sweet tooth at all. I bought these to celebrate how well he did at his last eye appointment at BC Children's last Friday.

I've also craved poutine. I think about poutine probably every couple days, and convince myself not to have it. I've eaten poutine ONCE this entire pregnancy. Got the stuff from Wendy's which was pretty good. I was devastated to realize we've missed the last Party in the Park, where there was poutine sold that smelled like heaven in a greasy dish.

This pregnancy is going so well. It makes me thankful to realize what my body is capable of. Isaac is living proof that my body can carry a baby as God slowly knits he or she together in my womb. I'm much less anxious, and mostly am just enjoying the day to day growth, movements within and feelings of having my baby tucked safely inside.

Today marks the 50 day countdown until baby's official birth date. It's hard to believe how fast the time has gone, but with keeping track of a toddler there's not much else to my days. Poor little guy is sick with something or other right now. He had quite the fever yesterday and slept like crazy yesterday and last night (about 7:15 pm to 7 am!!!) Considering his usual wakeup is between 5:30 and 6, that's a lot of sleep. He didn't have a fever today but was still off and ended up having a three hour nap this afternoon (about twice his usual length). I'm thinking molars because there's no other symptoms.

We finally finished our front porch area last night. My brilliant idea to redo our bench turned into a couple weeks of having our front porch area in tatters and the bench all in pieces. It took way longer than expected but I now have a lovely yellow bench, a couple painted planters to match and some spray painted planters in a beautiful pale green. Now I'd love to fill the pots with some greenery that will keep all year. Once our rooms are moved around I will probably drag Isaac to the garden store and see if they can help me with some ideas for filling them.

Well, I guess I should be cleaning up the kitchen and sorting stuff upstairs instead of sitting on my computer. Besides, I've had about six or seven spoonfuls of Nutella so I should probably remove myself from the couch and put the jar away. Mmmm, maybe one more spoonful...

No comments:

Post a Comment