Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Getting ready for baby

The mountain of mess in Justin's old office. All this has to fit somewhere!


Feeling much better about baby's imminent arrival now that the rooms are starting to take shape. Our friend Joel was an absolute Godsend, spending all Friday evening moving furniture with Justin into the right rooms. Now the last few days have been taken up by moving crap precious keepsakes, books, crafty things, work-related stuff and other odds and sods around to the right rooms and trying to fit them into two closets (down from three). We still can't fit Isaac's new bed in, but we have until my parents get back to do that as Dad is going to fix up my drawers so both sets are accessible from one side. So all in all, we're making progress.

Mom pulled out my old doll from childhood, Diane, so I could try to prepare Isaac a little bit for real baby's arrival. He's actually pretty gentle with the doll, sometimes carrying her around, giving her pats and kisses and occasionally bringing her upstairs and putting her on the bed for story time. This morning, he had put Diane on the bench where I change him. After his diaper change, he picked up another diaper and put it over Diane's bottom area, the same thing he does sometimes when I go to change his bum. So we gave Diane a diaper change too. It was cute : ) He even tried wiping her a bit with a clean wipe I'd pulled out to pretend change her.

We're going to take the prenatal class at public health again. This time we'll do it all in one Saturday instead of spread out over six weeks. I think a refresher will be good, especially since I've never actually been in labour before.

I even have all our newborn clothes pulled out now, though it probably wouldn't have happened yet if my friend wasn't due so soon and has some white sleepers MIA. But now if baby comes early, I will have clothes for him / her in boxes instead of the attic. Yay!

Haven't taken any maternity photos this time around. We just never seem to get around to it, and the few times Justin has asked, I've been tired or sweaty or grimy or just not up for it. We're going to get some professional photos done by the same photographer who did our last maternity photos in early October, and I know those will turn out awesome. I plan to go shopping sometime before that for a NEW maternity outft to wear! I've only bought two pairs of shorts this time around, second hand, and am just using my regular il-fitting clothes for the most part supplemented by the few maternity clothes I bought when pregnant with Isaac.

I'm feeling pretty good most of the day but I do get tired of just feeling sickish around bedtime / laying down anytime. I get heartburn all the time and still throw up on occasion if I eat too much junk. And I'm not so much sleeping as resting a bit between bathroom breaks. Last night I was up too late trying to organize my stuff, fell asleep around 11:30, woke up at 12 when Justin came to bed, then woke up at 4 and couldn't get back to sleep. That's about four and a half hours. At least I'm getting ready for baby's "sleep" schedule this way!

Baby moves a lot and once in awhile gives a good hard kick. I like those : ) It reminds me this baby's got some strength and is growing and that's such a good thing. Can't wait to meet this little one!

No comments:

Post a Comment