I made it. Today I am officially 37 weeks! It's a milestone for sure. If baby decides to come after this, they still consider it safe and full-term even though that's technically at 40 weeks. I just remember when we were in the hospital before Isaac was born and nurses and doctors kept asking how far along I was, once I said over 37 weeks they would say "oh good" or something.
It's hard not to compare to the last time. At this time with Isaac, everything was tickety boo and then all of a sudden, I think a day or two after I hit 37 weeks is when I started to have all the problems and by 37 and a half weeks, he was born. I think that's why I've been so anxious this time, feeling like at any moment my world could suddenly turn upside down and I could be stuck in the hospital wondering what's going to happen and getting a C-section and all that. It's definitely some history that is impeding my sense of well-being.
But I keep praying over this anxiety, and trying to trust that God's plan for this baby is much bigger than my own, and reminding myself that even if things don't go "to plan," I will still end up with my baby sometime between now and the end of October. Things definitely didn't go as planned with Isaac and yet things still turned out just fine with him.
Tonight we put Isaac in his new room, but still in his crib. That checks off one of my final "to do" list items. He went down really well too, only cried because I took away one of the FOUR cars he wanted to take to bed. He has a very different cry when he's scared and that was not it. Yay! We prayed that God would bring peace to his heart in his new room, and that Isaac would sleep deeply in there. So far, so good, praise the Lord!
It seems like every time I try to take on all my worries by myself, I just get sick with it. But when I trust in God, everything works out for the good. Today I got all worked up because there was a problem with our truck that was related to work we had done before taking it off the road. And I was worried about the carseats not being installed correctly and not being able to take my new babe home from the hospital. But amazingly, we got the car back in one day and there's a carseat training happening tomorrow with BCAA and local police and they said I'm welcome to come down. I know this is God's hand at work in my life, and I am so thankful. God is good.
As for my actual pregnancy, things are looking good. The baby was transverse and then breech, so Joy checked me over on Monday with a bedside ultrasound at the hospital and baby had moved into the right position. Yay baby! I've been calling this one a gopher as s/he seems to pop up all over my belly, but I hope baby's staying put in one spot now.
My platelets have been low again so I got more bloodwork done and am hoping they've gone up. But really, there's nothing I can do about it either way so there's no sense in worrying at this point. My platelets were low with Isaac too, must just be something my body does during pregnancy.
Labour wise I'm still not feeling ready, but honestly I don't think I'll be ready no matter how much time I have before the baby comes. I've been reading and praying and preparing as best I can, all the time feeling like a kindergartener in a university class but at least I'm trying : ) And I've got some great verses written out on big cue cards to remind me during labour that God is in control, that He is my deliverer and He will be by my side as I deliver this blessing from Him into our lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment