Wednesday, September 12, 2012

35 weeks

It's getting really real now. I'm at 35 weeks today, and on the countdown to probably my biggest life event I will ever go through. I'm pretty sure giving birth to a baby is one of those moments you can never prepare enough for, and it changes you completely, and I definitely don't feel ready yet.

Thankfully I'm starting to find some chunks of time in the evening to do some reading. Our upstairs is still a big mess and there's no way Isaac's new room is ready to go, but Justin has been busy with other stuff so I'm spending time learning about labour and delivery. I know the more knowledge I have, the more prepared I will feel when those contractions start comin'.

Went to the pool tonight to do laps. It felt glorious not carrying all my weight around with me. And my muscles, limbs and whole body felt better after doing a half hour of easy laps. I'm in no shape to deliver a baby, but there's not a whole lot I can do about that now. At least I can give these last few weeks over to paying better attention to my body and mind.

It's crazy to think at this stage with Isaac, I was only two and a half weeks away from delivering him. I had totally assumed that baby would come on or after my due date, never before. We're praying this baby stays in until 40 weeks so hopefully nursing etc. goes smoother right off the bat.

35 weeks. That leaves five weeks at best, two weeks at worst, to be prepared. But ready or not, this baby is making his or her grand entrance by October 18ish. Can't wait to meet you, little one.

No comments:

Post a Comment