Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Seven Months


Oops, I missed Promise's seventh month post. So, before I post an eight month update, I'll just post some of my fave pictures taken between April 23 and May 23 - my girl's seventh month of life!

A few of the highlights of this month as a family were we went camping for the first time this season, I took the two kids to Harrison beach one morning, we had lots of playdates and park outings, and Mother's Day. We also went to the May Day parade in Fort Langley with our friends and had a fun time. You were tired but cuddled into me in the Beco during the parade then sat patiently in the stroller when we walked around the grounds.

Seven months was a big month for you, my girl. On May 15 you rolled from your front to your back! You only did it a few times after that and hasn't since, but let's celebrate what you did do. On May 16 you started sitting up on your own for short spurts if you had something to reach for. Since then, you've gotten to love sitting up and doesn't need any support to hold you anymore. Buh-bye bumbo!

Lots of pillows to support you at this stage.


You love food and in your seventh month, you were very aware that you weren't eating some of the same things as us. Here you are watching Momma eat bacon while camping and fully expecting that you should get some too. Yeah, that's not gonna happen for awhile baby!

You are so pretty, my Promise.

You LOVE avocado! Who doesn't?

And here is when I started to realize that I shouldn't be pureeing your food. I cooked some squash and gave you a few chunks to play with while I worked. You were so happy with the chunks and got them into your mouth pretty quickly too.


Here's my obligatory Mother's Day shot. Your brother is a stinker for photos so this is the best we got.

My favourite people in the whole wide world.



Beach day at Harrison.



You love your daddy so much. The highlight of my day is seeing you smile when he comes home from work. Best. Job. Ever.


Dear daughter, we love you so much. We're so glad you are in our lives and we get to be in yours. While I'm not good at documenting everything, know that every moment is treasured. You are a movie we only get to watch once, and we try to remember it all in its play to play glory.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous picures! LOVED them ALL!
    I especially love how you described Promise's life to a movie you only get to watch one. So true & eloquently put.

    Al & I think you are pretty amazing too Promise!

    ReplyDelete