We're playing potato heads the other day.
Me: What are we doing? Are we going to the store?
Isaac: Yeah!
Me: What are we buying at the store?
Isaac: We buy potatoes.
Sick cannibal.
Tonight we had 36 lb of blueberries sitting on the counter. We gave Isaac a few blueberries while we got dinner ready. He comes outside before dinner is served with a full bowl of blueberries.
"I eat them?" He asks, as he shoves blueberries into his mouth.
Resourceful little monkey.
"I sit by Promise," Isaac states at almost every meal, pulling his chair closer to his sister. He loves her to the point of squishing her. Repeatedly. He's like that little girl from Loony Tunes growing up who loved her cat too much. "I"ll love her and squeeze her and hold her forever." Something like that. It's that kind of love.
I love that boy, but he is pushing the limits again and again and again. And again. And then some more. By 8 a.m. I'm exhausted. Not sure what we're going to do about that. I screamed at him so loud this afternoon, I thought my vocal cords might pop. He just scampered down the stairs, Promise sitting on the floor looking at me like nothing's new. It's just white noise to her.
He's back to sleeping on his bed the last few nights. This makes me happy, and makes me feel like maybe in the end we'll make him into a "normal" kid yet. Maybe.
Anyway, just a few things I don't want to forget. Jot them down in my online memory keeper and hit the sheets: this momma is exhausted.
No comments:
Post a Comment