Sometimes witty, always original. But it's my little home on the blogosphere, and I like it.
Thursday, August 22, 2013
10 Months
Promise,
I look at you every day and still marvel that you are mine. I stroke your perfect, chubby face. I watch your eyes that look like mine crinkle with laughter. I wiggle your 10 little toes and give you toys to grasp with your 10 tiny fingers. And I thank God that He let me be your mommy.
It doesn't seem like it's been 10 months. And yet it doesn't seem like you were ever not here, as natural a part of our family as Isaac is. You are changing before my eyes and each day it seems like you're stretching your little skills farther.
While I haven't been diligent with monthly updates, at 10 months here's what you're doing:
You just started "scooching" (how do you spell that?!) around in the last couple weeks. Before we went to Purden (Aug. 2-16), you weren't moving but if I left you in a spot for an hour you would've ended up in a different spot. But you weren't intentionally moving anywhere. Also, I never leave you alone for an hour, just so we're clear.
Reaching for what's out of your grasp, you've started to put many, many things that aren't food into your mouth. Here you're sampling some of the local offerings at Cultus Lake beach. Mmm, rocks, sticks and dirt.
Then at Purden, you figured out how to make a 360 turn on your bum and then started pushing yourself around on your bum. Just today, I put you on the carpet in our living room and went into the kitchen to work. I popped my head around the corner to check on you maybe five minutes later and you'd scooted yourself from the carpet and were playing in front of the heating grate. I've got to say, it's an unconventional way to get yourself from A to B and I hesitate to use the word "crawling" since you're definitely not. But, my girl, you can move. Way to go little one, this momma is so very proud of you.
You are a very content, happy, joy-filled girl. You wake up with a smile on your face and you wiggle your whole body in excitement when you see us. You laugh freely and make all sorts of fun sounds now. While at Purden, you started blowing your lips to make funny sounds and we all love it! You also "talk" a lot, happily babbling to yourself or us while you play.
A couple days ago you grabbed my nose and laughed. It was definitely a game for you and I love to play along.
You're a good eater compared to many babies but you can't beat Isaac's baby eating antics. You have preferences and aren't afraid to tell us if you don't like what's in front of you. I made the mistake at lunch of putting tomatoes on the table but giving you something else. You just kept looking at the tomatoes and squawking until I finally relented and tossed a slice (or three) your way. Your favourite foods are definitely tomatoes, blueberries, pineapple, crackers, avocado and cheese. And did I mention tomatoes? You could probably eat a whole one in a sitting if I would let you.
Avocado!
Sleep. What do I say of this? Some day, perhaps, I will sleep through the night. But since you still choose not to, then I am forced not to. For the most part, I don't mind. I am so happy and proud of myself to still be breastfeeding after all we've been through. I love knowing that I'm giving you the very best start in life that I can. And, at 10 months, we've beat my record with Isaac so every day now is a gift. But. Sleep will still be nice again some day! You still love your index and middle finger on your left hand for comfort and once you put those in your mouth, I know you're ready for sleep.
Isaac calls you "Pomise" and I love hearing him call your name. What I do not love is how very, very mean he can be to you. He'll rip the one toy you're playing with out of your hands. He has pushed you to the ground - hard - multiple times. He doesn't want to share his toys with you and often runs you over or squishes you. Even when he tries to kiss you, he grabs at your head and digs his fingers into you. I know that one is unintentional but it still makes you cry and hurts my heart to see him treat you so roughly. You love Isaac a lot. You smile when you see him and get excited when he comes near. You obviously don't associate bad memories with him and for that, I'm very thankful.
There are lots of times throughout the day that Isaac does play nicely with you too.
We call you "Missy" a lot and have also taken to calling you "Pom Pom."
What else can I say, my little one? You are a joy and a delight. We count every day a blessing with you and thank God for you daily. You bring a happiness to my heart that overflows and I love being your momma. Happy 10 month birthday baby girl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment