Friday, February 20, 2009

A moment of quiet in a crazy day

I am having the loveliest of lunches right now. I am sitting on my deck, the sun is shining warm beams of light onto the left side of my body and my cats are frolicking in the yard. Is there a job out there that would require me to sit on my lounge chair in the loverly sunshine, watching my cats all day? I wish there was.

They really are the funniest cats to watch too. Whenever we open the sliding door for them, they leap over each other to get out as though we will only let one of them out and they both want to be it. They jump through the door and quite often explore the deck first to make sure it's all as they left it.

I've been sitting out here long enough now that they're done with that routine and are relishing their yard time. Noah is priceless to watch. He does a combination of sauntering and slinking. It's kind of an 'I'm an arrogant and proud cat' mixed with 'I'm a wild hunter cat, watch me catch something tasty'. He chases imaginary foes and if he knows you're looking at him, he'll pretend like he sees something a little ways away and go check it out.

Jinx is the more cautious of the two when it comes to exploring. But she is the cat that can actually catch things, while Noah just pretends to. She has been known to attack the odd bug or two, though neither of them would be good mousers.

I really do love my little babies. I am truly and utterly panicked about what will happen to them in one week. That's it. We have seven days to figure out what to do with our kitties for the next 10 months. Please pray that some kind-hearted soul takes them in for us and loves them as we do. They might not be everyone's favourite cats, but I want to have many more years of sitting on my deck, watching them chase invisible enemies through the grass and bask in the warm sunshine next to me.

1 comment:

  1. This post makes me sad to read now. But I'm so glad you got to have a great afternoon with them both, really appreciating their company and realizing how much they mean to you.

    ReplyDelete