Hmm, I think I've been reading too many posts from gals down South. I got hooked on a whole whack of blogs after Justin's friend recommended one on her blog about a year ago, and through her I've gotten to read others. Anyway, they're always saying 'ya'll' and 'gals'. It's cute.
OK, onto the post. I loaded some pix in my computer tonight and wanted to share them. I was feeling melancholy at work last week, and my desk was all neat and tidy and I wanted to remember my ADORABLE office. I love my office. I love the matching green things, the girly yet grown-up feel, and the mix of old and tattered [check out the tape on my desk and chair] with the modern and new. aka the AWESOMENESST computer screen and wicked Lucy look-a-like mouse my coworker Chris gave me for Christmas last year.
So come on in. Take a tour of my little corner of our office!
Here is looking in to my side of the office: the overview, if you will.
It's kind of hard to see in this picture, but my parents gave me a really cool painting of a guy reading a newspaper. I love it and it hangs on my office wall. Can you see it?
My Ikea green boxes and clock, and a photo I bought off the Globe and Mail site of Canada becoming an independent nation, under Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau. A proud moment in our history, documented by a newspaper. I like to remember that when days are frustrating. News is imporant!!
The rub-on of the birds was my idea. It was gray and miserable out one day, so I went down to the Dollar Store and asked the lovely lady who works there what I could buy that would bring a bit of Spring to our office! I bought one just like this, and Chris loved it so much she bought one for my side of the office and one for out front too. Cool, huh? The hay bales are one of Justin's shots he entered in the Fall Fair this year. The colours and feel go so well in my workspace I just had to have it there.
Ha ha, look at how neat and organized my top desk drawer is. Chris found an old coin organizer for a till that I use for coins, elastic bands, memory cards etc.
See the Wonderwoman pencil? I LOVE that pencil!! Nancy gave it to me when we moved here - she found it in Junk Week - and I laugh almost every time I pick it up. She found it in Junk Week and said it reminded her of me, which is pretty cool. Thanks Nancy - best Junk Week find you had last year in my opinion! By the way, we always have tea lights lit in the office to get rid of the old musty office smell, hence the lighter, just in case anyone is wondering!
Behind my desk to one side of the window.
Behind my desk to the other side of my lovely big window, which I couldn't take a good shot of as the beautiful daylight was shining through.
Where I keep my notebooks for that week, my CP Style and spelling books, and a few comics. I have hung up comics all over the bathroom but I have a few on my desk wall too, that strip you can see in the picture is Calvin and Hobbes classics, and of course the Monsters Inc. dynamic duo.
Hope you enjoyed the tour! Drop by for a cup o' coffee anytime (as long as it's not Tuesday, or you WILL be turned away at the door!)
What a neat idea for a post! I love it! You got those rubons at a dollar store?? Was it a "branded" store or a one-of-a-kind?
ReplyDeleteLOL, so you use the wonderwoman pencil, eh? Too funny. I love how you can appreciate gift that come from the trash :-)
Glad you liked my post. Yeah, the rubons came from the Dollar Store. I think the owners are just local folk who stock whatever they find interesting. They always have new and cool stuff in there.
ReplyDeleteThe Wonderwoman pencil EMPOWERS me to become Super Editor!! All thanks to you Nancy. You rock.