Sunday, January 4, 2009

So much to do

You know the phrase: so much to do, so little time. That is definitely what I am feeling like these days. As we get closer to our trip, there seems to be more and more to do, to figure out, to make decisions on and to accomplish. And the more stuff I realize we need to get done, the more overwhelmed I become and the more I just want to ignore it all and make it go away.

Since this is my blog, I can do what I want with it. And what I want right now is to just dump out everything I can think of that needs to be done and that way I can see how much I have accomplished when I look back on it.

• Finding a home for our cats. This is one of the most important things we need to figure out. We haven't found anyone interested in taking them yet and time is running short.

•Fundraising - Chilliwack, Vancouver meetings in person
- letter writing fundraising

•Pack - that includes actually getting enough boxes too, and unloading all the junk we don't need, and loaning out big items like our canoe and barbecue

•Stuff that I need to research and buy:
- digital recorder
- sandals
- Justin's shoes
- backpacks
- travel insurance
- laptop
- clothing

Pockets of Change specifics
- write biography for the website
- figure out how I'm going to carry enough notebooks etc for interviews
- prepare myself for doing the interviews, asking the right questions, approaching with the right attitude etc.


Odds 'n Ends:
- write a letter of resignation
- Interview, write and layout our tourism guide
- put out a weekly paper from now until I leave


I am quite sure there are many more things to be done that I can't even think of yet. But that's a good start!

No comments:

Post a Comment