Our baby is 17 weeks old today! It always seemed funny to me how moms would count the weeks of their baby being in their belly in the way I just did. After all, technically the baby is not 17 weeks old until s/he has been out of mama's belly for three months and a week. But now I find myself counting the weeks our babe has been growing.
This week, s/he has eyebrows and eyelashes filling in and is starting to form fat to help with his / her heating system and metabolism.
Hmm, this whole s/he, and his / her thing might get annoying really quickly. For the sake of ease, I might just refer to baby as 'him' or 'her' without actually having anything to base it on. Lots of moms say they get a feeling of what they're carrying. Maybe I will when I'm further along, but for now I have no idea! I just pray we have a boy or a girl, I've read horror stories of babies born with bits from both genders and the parents have to decide which gender the baby is and sometimes they guess wrong. That would be awful.
There's lots of stuff like that I worry about. One of the biggest is worrying that our baby will have Down's Syndrome, or that their brain won't be fully developed in some other way. Those thoughts scare me. Every day I pray for Pea Pod's health. It's scary enough thinking of raising a child, let alone a child with disabilities. So I pray steadfastly, knowing at the same time that what God wills for my child is more loving and big and purpose-filled than what I could ever dream for my own.
17 weeks down, 23 to go. I can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment