Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Online parenting sites suck

So I joined one of those online parenting groups, where moms all get together and ask silly questions and bond and stuff. Figured maybe I should somehow get connected to other pregnant women, so I found a site that had a 'December 2010 birth club'. Sounded like a good idea.

Of course the website wanted my biographical information so I enter it all in figuring it will be worth it for the wealth of knowledge I'll receive once I can join the forum of my fellow preggos.

Yeah. The forum is basically full of garbage. Either it's women posting threads about how fat they feel and then posting angrily about people calling them fat, or it's about them panicking over stuff that to me just seems ridiculous. Or it's about what they call their baby right now. Some had really awful names like 'demon spawn'. Others responded saying it was funny because the baby sucks the life out of you. But doesn't that seem a little cruel?

Anyway, guess I won't be connecting on the internet with other moms anytime soon. I sure wish there were people in my group of Fraser Valley friends that were pregnant at the same time. Our old Coquitlam care group all had babies at like the EXACT same times. It's crazy, some of them were born days apart from each other. One set of couples, one of whom we used to hang out with, even were in labour on the exact same day.

And here I am, with a care group full of moms with the youngest baby being I think two months old now. That means he'll be a year old when our pea pod is born. And everyone I ask says they'll probably be having more kids but nothing cooking in the oven right now. Boo!

Oh well, guess that's life. God's timing is always perfect, and He is definitely the creator of this little life of ours. It's so incredible to me to think that God uses people like me to bring His most intricate, amazing creations into the world He lovingly made.

It amazes me that of all the ways He could bring a child into this world, He trusts it to people who mess up and don't eat their veggies all the time, who sin, who abuse their bodies, who don't get enough sleep or not enough exercise - you get the idea. I guess it's like God's plan for the world too. He has given Christians the task of sharing the Good News with the world even though we mess up and make mistakes and everything. Isn't that amazing?!

No comments:

Post a Comment