Friday, May 28, 2010

Oh you know, this that and the other thing

Had my first real case of heartburn today. I know, this is what you all wanted to read about when you clicked on my blog today. So glad this isn't a regular occurrence for me, though apparently it's very common in pregnancy so this might be the start of something new.

While I haven't had cravings yet like I expected, I do find myself wanting soup an awful lot. Must be the combination of comfort, warmth, lots of selection and in my home-made soups, loads of veggies too! Winning combination. I've made super yummy carrot-potato soup and cream of broccoli soup. both low calorie, loaded with good stuff and so tasty.

Still no outward signs of Pea Pod yet. I definitely have a belly but it's not something anyone other than Hubby and me would notice right now. Can't wait to have a bump, though I'm sure once I do I'll be wondering why I was waiting for the day my pants won't fit!

One weird thing with my pregnant self. I wear the same jeans every day, was on three belt holes in, now it's in two. But as soon as I eat, I'm all old-guy-with-beer-gut, unbuckling and unbuttoning my jeans. Sexy I'm sure. Luckily when we eat out or with company, I'm OK. But belly definitely pushes on my pants more now. Yet on the scale I still haven't gained weight. Nothing to be concerned about but I better start gaining now that I've passed the first trimester! Justin says I should just eat lots, but I can't force myself to eat any more than I already am.

No comments:

Post a Comment