Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day weekend

The weekend was SO gorgeous, Justin and I decided to take advantage of the good weather and get outside. Saturday I had to do a story assignment for the Abby News. I covered the outdoor farmer's market which was lots of fun. We spent an hour or so wandering the market, chatting with vendors and enjoying some super yummy food. I had a pretzel, Justin had a cinnamon bun type baked good and then we split a second cinnamon thingy.

Then we headed to Langley to pick up some supplies from Opus for our canvases, and stopped at the store Justin bought his shoes at to exchange them since they've been falling apart. I found a sweet new shirt on sale there which will be a perfect shirt for as my belly grows. We also stopped for a Starbucks treat, courtesy of our friend at HFL who gave it to us when we were going through a hard time with our car.

After a delicious lunch at Arbys (oh I LOVE Arby's, wish it was in Chilliwack!), we headed back home. It was so nice to just hang out together.

So Sunday it was another bright and sunny day. I threw some ingredients in the bread maker, and after church we had fresh bread ready for sandwiches. We packed a picnic and took the hour drive up to Hicks Lake to spend the afternoon.


It was beautiful. There is nothing better in my opinion than a picnic: nature and delicious food with the man I love! We read, lounged in the sunshine, watched Canada geese and their goslings graze the grass in front of us.



I'm reading a book called 'How to have a baby and live in the real world'. Loving it. It has great retro-style graphics and up-front honesty, and funny tidbits even on the write-ups I'm not so comfortable reading yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment