Dear Isaac,
You are turning into such a crazy kid now - and we love it!!
You learned maybe yesterday or the day before how to stick your tongue out a little and blow spit everywhere. It makes quite the sound and you love to hear yourself make that sound over and over again when you're happy. You get a kick out of Daddy and I mimicking you, making loud 'pphhhbbbffshhh' type sounds as we sprinkle spit into the air. It's not pretty, but it sure is fun.
You have taken quite a shine to Daddy lately. He can barely be in the room with you and me when you're nursing because you get quite distracted by him. You almost always smile real big as soon as you see Daddy walk in the room and he can make you laugh like nobody's business. I make funny noises and you just look at me like I'm a lunatic. Daddy makes funny sounds and you are squealing with laughter before you know it.
Tonight I just peeked in on you to see if you'd fallen asleep yet. You are laying on your side again. You are doing that more and more, sometimes rolling from your back to your side to play with your hands or the little stuffed cow in your crib before rolling back again to sleep. But a few times we've caught you sleeping that way and I think it's adorable. It's nice that you can get a little more comfy the way you want to as you fall asleep instead of how we have placed you in your crib.
In fact, you're becoming quite the little athlete in your crib. We always place you with your head under your mobile. Quite often when we check back in on you, you've turned 90 degrees or even 180 degrees so your head is where your feet were! The weirdest thing is Daddy and I never see you move, we just see you in a new position. Very tricksy!
You're growing up before our eyes, and we are loving every moment of it. We can see you changing, becoming so much more aware and interested in the world around you. This week you also discovered our shiny gold-coloured front door handle and lock, and are constantly looking at it when we're near the entrance. You reach out for a lot more, including hot beverages in our hands which meant Mommy saying goodbye to our peaceful mornings of me holding you in my arms, reading you the paper while I had my cup of coffee. But that's OK, I'm working on getting you to enjoy your jumperoo more so I can have time for a cup in the morning to get me energized to play with you all day!
Sleep is still an issue with you, but we're working on it. You wake up a couple times a night to nurse still, and as previously mentioned you don't always want to fall back asleep again after the early morning feed (which you wake up for anywhere from 4 to 5:30 a.m.). You always have a morning nap and an afternoon nap and quite often an early evening nap too. When you have good, long naps you are such a happy baby, so alert and ready to play when you wake up. It's worth protecting and fighting for your naps!
Well baby, I know you're going to be up again in a couple hours so I have to get to bed now too.
Love so much,
Momma
No comments:
Post a Comment