Saturday, June 4, 2011

Sleep


Gee whiz Isaac, I don't know why you're so grumpy. After all, I LOVED getting up at 5:45 a.m. this morning to nurse you, only a few hours after we were last up together.

I also LOVED that, unlike even just a few days ago, when you would wake up for your early morning feed and go back to sleep for another 45 or so minutes, you now think that it's time to get up for the day.


And I LOVED that you have become a total clingster, not wanting to get out of my arms in the a.m. much less play on your beloved playmat for TWO SECONDS.

What's even greater is when I know I need coffee to sustain me. And just when it's hot and ready and smells so good, you get even more grumpy and I can't put you down to take a sip. And, oh yeah, you reach out for everything now so I can't hold you in my arms while I enjoy my coffee. So it sits steaming on the counter, seducing me with its smell but not its taste. When I finally steal a few sips, you're ready to go back to bed.


But I really love my new mug, thanks to the mad money I got from my parents for Christmas. This mug makes mornings better.

And of course, I LOVE that now I've had coffee and am definitely WIDE AWAKE AND CAN'T GO BACK TO SLEEP!!! And while you are super tired, you're also super grumpy and you do NOT want to go back to sleep either. so I totally LOVE being in such a mood - a picture of motherly morning perfection - that I can quietly and gently 'shhh' you back to sleep. Or not.

Gotta love it.


This is me showing that, clearly, I am A-OK. See? No crazy at all!!! Promise!!!!

2 comments: