We had a nice visit with Auntie Barbara in the morning, and Isaac even went down fairly easily for a morning nap there. Hurray! I was so thankful to be able to see Auntie Barbara and introduce her and Isaac to each other.
After all, without her we might never have had our son. While we were traveling through Alberta for POC interviews, we stayed with Auntie Barbara and Uncle Brian a couple nights. I remember one day sitting in her sewing room visiting, and she brought up the idea of children with me. Are you still not planning to have any, she asked me. No, I told her, I just didn't see it in my future. But then she told me something that got the gears turning. She told me if I decided to be a mom, I didn't have to be "that kind of mom." The kind that drives me bonkers, the kind that I felt bad for when I met or heard about. She told me I could be whatever kind of mom I wanted to be. Hmmm. Hadn't thought about that before. You mean I could have kids and still be me? I could be a mom and still be Lorene? Thanks Auntie Barbara, for setting me on a long journey that took me to November 15, 2010 at 11:45 p.m., the moment my life changed forever.
Anyway, off we headed to Canmore after a quick stop at Safeway for teething pain relief for poor Isaac. Met up with Dave, Cheryl and Bryan in Canmore at a trailhead that turned out to be the wrong starting point. After some iphone assistance we were back in the cars and at the right trail head for a very nice walk between the meandering river and the ridiculously beautiful houses of this breath-taking town.
We had a super nice walk to an old mine shaft entrance and back. Had a good visit, decent weather with only a smattering of rain. Stopped to pick up water at Sobeys (oops, forgot about that before we left Calgary!), then up to the Nordic trails for a game of disc golf. It was closed for a tournament so we went to the town's other disc golf course. Yes, they have two disc golf courses there! We don't even have one in the entire Fraser Valley, go figure. The guys played disc golf while our poor babe who had been put through the ringer the last few days had a bit of a nap in the car. Cheryl watched Bryan while he played on the playground. When the guys got rained out we headed into Banff for dinner.
I'm tired, to be contd...
No comments:
Post a Comment