Thursday, May 5, 2011

Love is...

Love is feeding my baby when he calls for me, instead of trying to achieve the elusive goal of sleeping through the night.

Love is waiting 45 minutes to use the bathroom because my baby wakes up needing love and milk.

Love is lingering even longer while changing him to steal as many smiles and bright sunshine faces as I can. I store them in my happy moments bank. I stack memories like precious papers in my brain, filing them for the future. Hoping enough of them will keep well and I can pull out these moments again and again through the years and centuries and read them in my mind's eye. I know these days are fleeting and I treasure them.

Love is holding a crying baby next to my ear because he is comforted when held over my shoulder. Love is holding him harder when he cries louder because it's then he needs me even more.

Love is this boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment