Isaac did pretty well sleeping in his playpen for our first night on the road. I had a leisurely visit with Uncle Terry in the morning while my amazing hubby packed up all our gear and we hit the road I think around 8 or 9 a.m.
We drove all day, stopping in Golden to nurse Isaac. We swung by the Star to say hello to Sue and show off our son then spotted Janet eating lunch on our way back to the car so stopped to say hi. It was so cool to be in Golden with my baby, realizing how far we've come since our days living in this beautiful little town.
Justin and I loved living in Golden even if my job wasn't ideal. But as I reflect, I realize it was a good start for me in journalism. I learned a lot, figured out more about who I am and we enjoyed some good times exploring the area and just being a couple. But now, to have my baby in tow makes me realize how much more there is to life than what we sometimes see. I thought we had a pretty good life, just the two of us living in Golden. Now I've got this incredible baby, living close to my parents, finding new friends and only being an hour's drive from the Roths, I find life is just better now even if we don't like the city of Chilliwack as much as Golden.
This was a very picturesque place to nurse Isaac, give him a diaper change and spend a bit of time out of the car seat. Justin played with Isaac by the water, letting him dip his hand in to the cool depths.
We made it to Banff in good time and fed Isaac some banana at a beautiful little picnic area.
Made it to Auntie Barbara's around 5:30 p.m. Our baby was not in a good mood, I think he was definitely feeling out of sorts after being in the car all day and not getting much cuddle or play time at all. So he cried all the way through dinner. But thankfully we got him to sleep OK and were able to enjoy dessert and the Canucks game with Uncle Brian and Auntie Barbara.
No comments:
Post a Comment