Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Oh Stephen...

I have a love/ hate relationship with Stephen Harper. I have been so proud to call him my prime minister sometimes, and other times he just sickens me.
The way he sleazeballed his way out of a real debate on same sex marriage made me furious. I was absolutely, 100% positive that he would reopen a real debate on the issue when he won majority government after a spring election. It wouldn't make sense to open a contentious issue like that when the votes weren't on his side.
But then completely cheats on his promise to look at the issue again by offering the lame vote by MPs to decide whether to re-discuss the much-discussed issue.
To top it off, he waited until after the Liberals had their crap in order to go ahead. If he had put out the vote earlier, at least some Liberals would have their head in the Liberal sand dunes.

But then he turns around and says we're going to look at senate reform. YAY!!!! I feel like Preston Manning is shadowing the government when we hear phrases like Triple E senate spoken in Parliament. Haven't heard that in ages, and I'm excited just to see what kind of debate ensues in the new year.

On another note, thanks to George from the Hour, I found out that CPAC is on the web. Sweet - let the good times roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment