We went to a friend's wedding, about 45 minutes out of town.
It was a fairy tale wedding and all, just beautiful.
There was a CANDY BAR!! And an ice bar, with their names and a logo engraved, but the CANDY BAR was soooo cooool!!!
The highway looked bad on the drive out - there was rock chunks all over the road in places and you could see small avalanches that had made it to the edge of the road in a number of spots. My co-worker's husband didn't even come because he was concerned about not getting back into town for work the next day, so she came with us.
We went to leave at about 10:30, and found out both the direct route home was shut down and the circuitious route, which takes about three hours, was shut down. There was nowhere to go but the tiny little community about 10 minutes from where the wedding was.
Thankfully, my coworker knew people out there because she used to live there years ago. We got there at about 11 p.m. and knocked on her door and she welcomed us in with open arms! We watched a movie, all had places to sleep and in the morning we went for a nice long walk and got a personal tour of the town.
We didn't get back into town until 2:30 yesterday afternoon - we were gone a full 24 hours!
Her dogs Ginger and Macintosh went with us on the walk. It's so much fun to have dogs around.
The drive back.
A Candy Bar!? AWESOME! I wish I would have thought of that for my wedding!
ReplyDeleteWoah, that's CRAZY! Both the candy bar (neat play on words there as well) and the drive home.
ReplyDeleteThe candy bar is a great idea! I was jealous when I read that!
ReplyDeleteI was wondering if you'd got stuck in any of those terrible mud/rock/snow slides! Scary...
I would have done the candy bar at my wedding, except I think the flower girls and ring boys would have been bouncin off the walls!
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous place that wedding is set in!