Thursday, March 29, 2007

Change is in the air

Well, we're at it again.
We're moving.



Now how many times is this, you may ask? I don't know, I've lost count.
But the VERY VERY VERY GOOD NEWS is that we're moving because I got a new job!! Yay!!!!

I am the new editor of the one-person newsroom at [deleted by me for privacy]! Woo-hoo! Exclamation overload!!

I got the job Tuesday, after a long drive down Monday after hubby got off work, and a long drive back right after the interview Tuesday since we were both required to be at work Wednesday.

So I start April 12, which is soon. I have two more papers to put out and then it's off to Agassiz.

MAJOR PRAYER REQUESTS:
• Wisdom on how to get me, hubby, kitties, stuff all down there and into a place
• A place to live
• Selling our mobile home up here
• Not getting so stressed out I can't sleep, which is what has happened the last three night

We stayed in a gorgeous hotel in Harrion, for the same price as the cheapest, rather unpleasant looking place in Chilliwack I could find. It had a king size bed, a view of the lake and a whirlpool bath tub!





Here's the view of the lake. Lovely.



And check it out. Cherry blossom trees in bloom and GREEN grass!!! We do have grass now, not dirt-covered snow, but it is very brown and very pathetic. The grass there was incredible.



One of the things I'm very excited about with this move is that I will still get to enjoy that small town atmosphere, but I will live way closer to my friends and family. Yay! Also, we loved to ski at Hemlock before and Manning is not too far, I think about an hour and a half. Plus, housing prices are more affordable out there, so that is a definite bonus. While the job will be more stressful I imagine, I will also be better compensated for it than my already-stressful job here.

Goodbye Golden!

3 comments:

  1. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're so excited for you guys, that you'll be closer to your family and old friends too! Hope everything goes really well at your new position....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, that little picture of the kitty in the box, that reminds me of our old cat the Boot, who had to be put to sleep... she looooved to climb in and out of boxes, and she loved moving.

    ReplyDelete