Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mother's Day 2012


So I've arrived at my second Mother's Day as a mommy. Hard to believe a year has gone by since I had this little six month old bundle of joy.


Now the baby who made me a mommy is a rambunctious, curious, happy, mischievous 18 month old. Wow. I love him so much, it still makes me cry sometimes to think about.

We had a fairly good day to celebrate mommyhood. Justin was sick so I made Isaac and myself omelette for breakfast, then he played obsessively with his rocks (and a fly swatter that Mommy bravely used to swat at a bee or wasp or something yellow and flying) while I enjoyed my coffee on the deck.



We went to our church and actually arrived early! Here's my two favourite guys just chilling out front:





Then off to my parent's for lunch. Tried to take photos of me and my boy but he didn't want to be in my arms and protested loudly. That kind of sucked as he was fine until the point of me picking him up. And then he was fine with Justin picking him up. Little stinker. Luckily I took some pix throughout the day with him since I know what he's like in times when we really want a specific photo to happen. Or not.



Oh well, managed to get a few shots of him and me and my mom (not sure if they turned out, photos taken by Justin get lost in the infinite folders of his memory cards / computer files / office chaos).

Pix before heading off for church. I love my little family!



Anyway, the plan had been to have a nice afternoon nap then go to an event where Rick Hansen was coming through. It's been 25 years since he started his Man in Motion tour. Crazy, I totally remember when he came through Cranbrook. My parents took us up to E.K.C.C. to watch it and I remember we sat in the stands and there were tons of people and he went around the track in his wheelchair.

So back to Sunday: we stayed way too long at my parent's house just visiting so by the time we got home it was a super later nap than usual. So Isaac woke up as Hansen was already at the Heritage park giving a speech. Oh well. We had pizza for dinner and were going to just sit on the deck to enjoy it but I decided last-minute I wanted to watch a movie so Justin went to Safeway and got The Muppets. It was awesome! Isaac actually watched it while we ate dinner. Then after he went to bed we finished it ourselves.

Playing outside before dinner. Water fun then dirt fun: awesome!


Pizza!!


All in all, a great mother's day. I got to spend it with my son who made me a mom, and my mom who gave me life. Pretty cool.

Unfortunately by later evening Justin was feeling really awful, leading to a lot of days of trauma that we are still in the middle of. But that's a post for another day when the ending will be happier than the middle we're going through now.

No comments:

Post a Comment