Dear Promise,
You are four months (and three days) old now! We continue to be filled with thankfulness for you, our precious second child, and the joy you bring us is incomparable.

You are such a happy baby. Both your daddy and I love to change your diaper because you give the bestest smiles and often, the most precious little giggles when your little naked body is wriggling on the change table. You scrunch up your legs and your face as we talk to you and pay you the undivided attention that you clearly love so much.
We've also discovered you love to be raised up above our heads. You keep your head so straight and your legs stick out, it looks like you're flying through the air. We call you Super Girl, and you squeeze your eyes in excitement and give us looks like we're sharing some kind of special fun secret together.
So Super Girl has become one of your nicknames. I like calling you sweet pea, or sweetie, or cupcake, or my little cuddle bug or of course Missy. (Hmmm, I don't know if correct style for nicknames is to capitalize or not!) Daddy calls you Missy or sometimes princess or baby girl. Sounds generic but definitely isn't; you're our baby girl and we cherish you. It's a term of endearment from both our lips.

You are getting better and better at nursing, and speeding up too which is great news for you, me and Isaac. Your big brother is such a good little guy, he plays really well when you are nursing and seems to understand that he needs to let you eat. But as soon as you're done, he wants Mommy to come play with him: "Mommy, mat!" he says with conviction.

Isaac looks like, "Mom, I'm not impressed." It's nearly impossible to get a good shot of the two of you!
Daddy started giving you a dream feed at night. We hope it will help you to sleep through the night. Daddy gives you a bottle of formula some time between 10 and 11 each night. Up until last night you were still waking up two times a night after that to eat some more. It means you're not getting enough to eat during the day if you wake up hungry at night, but I can't seem to get you to eat more during the day. Clearly, this is something we're still working on. Maybe by your five month update Mommy will have your schedule more sorted out. That's going to take some work that I am clearly not prepared for right now.
We spend lots of our days out and about. Every Tuesday we go to Women's Break, every Wednesday is Babes with Babes, we go to Grandma's house at least once a week, we go shopping one day a week and almost every week there is some sort of appointment. So our afternoons are spent at home and that's when you get your best nap in, averaging one and a half to two hours in the afternoon.

Our day to day lives aren't too exciting, but daily we see you growing and learning and it's so fun to see. Now at four and a half months, you're doing so much better at tummy time, and we've noticed that you now look at your hand and are able to get it right into your mouth! Before you would try but your hand didn't always cooperate.
We're pretty sure you're teething now too. In the last couple days (today is March 6), you've really been gnawing on your hands, and you grab at our fingers to try and get them in your mouth. I've noticed a couple white spots on your bottom gums so we'll just have to keep monitoring and see if any little teeth pop up.

Well Promise, I could go on and on about you. But another update is due in only a couple weeks. Then you'll only be one month away from solids, and halfway to your first birthday. Time sure does fly when we're having fun!
Your daddy and I love you so much, and are so glad to call you ours. Happy four months baby girl!
Love baby update posts! I could look at the picture of her & the dolly forever... SO very sweet! We need a new picture of her & Alex. :)
ReplyDeleteI totally thought I'd posted this update until I read your late update with Alex. Then I realized I had never finished and posted mine. Oops! And yup, new pic of the two of them would be great.
ReplyDelete