Sunday, March 4, 2007

43 things

I found a neat concept on a website today. The website itself sucked (not easy to navigate, unclear etc.) but the concept was great. People could list 43 things they want to do with their life, and find other people either with similar goals or people who have accomplished that goal and they could discuss it.
Hmm... I might not have 43, but I definitely have a few goals, some bigger than others. Some are lifelong, while others are not. In no particular order, the ones I can think of right now are:

1. Do my wedding scrapbook
2. Reach a weight that I feel comfortable with
3. Get a dog
4. See New Zealand
5. Travel across Canada
6. Be a good friend
7. Be a loving wife
8. Love people more than my own security
9. Reduce the clutter in my house
10. Tell a really funny joke
11. Learn how to dance
12. Win recognition for my work
13. Get involved in ministry
14. ...

Yikes, guess I'm out at #13. Of course, once I post this, I'm sure I'll think of a few more.

5 comments:

  1. Those are all very noble goals.

    Here are some of mine:

    1)Be more normal.
    2)Go to the dentist more often (apparently once every 7 years isn't enough)
    3)Read something other than the cereal box in the morning.
    4)Actually do something to help the environment, such as breathing less frequently.
    5)Be more snippy with telemarketers
    6)Be more supportive of the Canuckleheads
    7)Actually put the cat on a diet instead of just talking about it (sorry Gator)

    Sorry, I know... there must be more to me than that!

    Actually, I would love to travel across Canada too! Maybe for retirement...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you ever get the impression I'm drunk when I post?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha - I like your goals! And no, I don't get the impression you're drunk. Just different! What about anybody else? Any goals, perhaps some I can 'steal' for my own list?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    I found your blog via the Rothspot. and I noticed that some of our goals are similar... My hubby and I travelled across Canada in 2005, we took three months and went all the way to St. John's Newfyland and it was amazing I would highly recommend doing the cross Canada thing - I wouldn't mind doing it again someday! We also recently travelled to New Zealand for three months - I wouldn't recommend taking that long! It was a very good trip but after a while it starts to loose the intrigue.
    I also want to get a scrapbook done of my wedding, as well as cross canada. Getting a dog is also a big one for me..I just love dogs.
    some of my other goals include:
    -Owning a BnB
    -Having my own business, running a cafe or making healthy dog treats.
    -getting out of my parent's basement!
    -...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always had creative goals along the lines of:
    - Write and record a song.
    - Direct a feature-length documentary.
    - Direct a music video.
    - Have some work in a gallery (photo or design).
    - Write a book.
    - Launch my own freelance design business.

    I can't think of any others right now.

    ReplyDelete