Pic. Justin took of me at Maan Farms
1. Even though I'm not at my due date yet, people appear surprised that I "still" haven't had the baby.
2. According to various reactions and comments, it appears I have gone from being so small someone thinks I'm having menstrual cramps to so big that this baby is about to pop out of me. This change is within the last couple weeks.
3. Don't start a text message to my husband with "oh my gosh." He automatically assumes the next line is "my water just broke."
4. I should wear a shirt that says: "Yes, I'm due soon. No, we don't know what we're having. Yes, my hospital bag is packed." This answer key would help many strangers from feeling the urge to ask questions about my current state.
5. Surprisingly in this pregnancy, I have not had one person ask to touch my belly. This is a good thing. And unusual too, according to many previously pregnant women I know.
6. I'm not in a rush to deliver this baby as I want him / her to be good and ready to come out. However, I am concerned as two of my three midwives leave for a conference eight days after my due date. Kind of puts the pressure on to, you know, get things moving.
7. We still have not picked a middle name for a boy. We had one sort of picked out but changed our minds. Hopefully we have a girl and can thus save ourselves the trouble of searching through the name websites again.
8. We are still looking forward to having a boy or a girl, and I can picture my life as a mom of two brothers or a mom of a brother and sister and be equally happy with that photo in my mind.
9. I'm tired of reading labour stuff but feel like I should just keep prepping until this baby comes.
10. I will not miss being this heavy, but I will miss the excuse that I'm this heavy because a baby is currently living in my womb. Soon, it will just be sour cream glazed donuts, Nutella and pumpkin spiced lattes to blame for the extra pounds on the scale.

No comments:
Post a Comment