39 weeks! 39 weeks! Woot woot, I'm at 39 weeks!
Just a little excited here, and so very very thankful that this baby has stayed in as long as s/he has. I definitely feel ready now. In fact, today I finally got the cradle wiped down. It was about a five minute job (just cleaning dust off) but for some reason I kept putting it off. I think it was psychological, like "I can't have the baby yet, the cradle isn't wiped down" sort of thing. Now all of a sudden I'm 39 weeks and I grab a cloth and wipe that thing down like nobody's business. Yeah!
Also wiped down the swing, an invaluable tool for us with Isaac and I suspect will come in quite handy again. It's all set up in the corner of the living room and I have visions of baby swinging peacefully in it, watching Isaac play or snoozing while I make dinner. Can't wait!!
And finally tonight, the very last "thing" kicking around got cleared out. Justin is at my parent's now putting a box of megablocks away. We upgraded Isaac to the duplo blocks, a size smaller than Megablocks, that Dave had brought down for us. It has some fun car-building type stuff so Isaac likes it a lot better than the megablocks. I also packed away a few toys that will be better for a one-year-old to play with than now. We've had stuff piled up in our front hallway and the living room for a long time now: old car seat, BOB stroller, boxes for thrift store, Craigslist stuff, the Megablocks etc. Slowly we've cleared it all out. The depressing part is that everything that's left is stuff we own and plan to keep, which is still a lot of "things" if you ask me. Constant struggle in life for sure, balancing the needs and wants and desires and practicalities of living.
We were sad to see the BOB go. It was a great stroller for us and we put many, many miles on it over the last two years. My first outing after Isaac was born was a walk downtown with the BOB (we drove down first, C-section didn't exactly allow for a power walk). While I'm happy with our new stroller, it doesn't have the history that our old one had. That probably sounds weird, it's just a stroller. I just have lots of memories and pictures of Isaac in the BOB, from sleeping in his carseat on long walks to heading to the playgrounds, splash park, walking to the store, we even watched the Canucks finals at Exhibition Field with Isaac in the stroller. Anyway, Justin sold it to a guy in Coquitlam today. Guess we'll just have to make some new memories now!
Anyway, pregnancy stuff: I have my midwife appointment tomorrow morning, will find out then if my platelets are still low and going lower. I'm optimistic that everything is going to turn out OK and there's no point fretting.
I feel pretty good though it is very hard to sleep now. I wake up a couple times a night to pee and my back gets pinched pretty bad. I always sleep on my left side (better for baby's circulation or oxygen or something) so the left lower side of my back gets pinched from all that weight on it, and my underwear digs into my hips every night from the pounds of pressure. But I know that this sleep is still far better than I'll get with a newborn who is on a 24 hour clock!
Plus I take a nap every afternoon while Isaac is down. It's glorious and I relish my naptime and I will severely miss it if baby and Isaac don't happen to coincide their sleep schedules (highly unlikely I'm sure).
People still say I don't look big even though I am feeling quite huge. I think it's just proportions, the rest of my body is fairly big now too so my belly just doesn't look as huge. But trust me, it's big! Baby is moving around a lot still and I love feeling the feet and bum pushing outwards. I can picture how this baby is curled inside of me and I can picture him or her sleeping that same way on the outside. Sigh, can't wait to meet this little one!
No comments:
Post a Comment