Monday, October 8, 2012

Maan Farms

I suspect this will be the first of an annual tradition going to Maan Farms. We had so much fun this morning! I want to make sure to document it so I can look back and compare year to year.

Maan Farm, in Abbotsford, is a family attraction complete with an animal area, a ginormous sandbox, slide and play area, a big field with lots more push cars (but mostly push tractor type ones - very cool), a sunflower maze, a pumpkin patch and a corn maze.

We went this morning (Thanksgiving Monday). We got there about half an hour after it opened, at 9:30 and finally left at 12:30. Needless to say, that means we were having lots of fun all morning.


Isaac loved the Critter Corral. There were chickens, pigs, rabbits, alpacas, goats, sheep and peacocks. I thought he would enjoy the bigger animals but he loved walking around the chicken coop. We bought a bag of feed for $1 and he enjoyed throwing the feed for the chickens. Unfortunately when we put the bag low enough for Isaac to grab out a handful, the smart little cluckers started jumping up to bite the bottom of the bag. Gave me a start!















Justin also got Isaac to hold out his palm and feed the sheep. This white sheep would stick his tongue out and just lick the feed off Isaac's hand. He giggled at that and kept signing and saying "more!"













He signed and said "kitty" for the rabbits, which is a good guess when you only know so many animals. They're soft and furry like cats and about the same size, plus the one we pulled out of a pen was white just like Saphire who lives in our complex and lets Isaac pet her.














We had fun walking through the sunflower maze. There were lots of trampled parts so we weren't worried about getting stuck in there forever if he got bored, but Isaac was a good little adventurer. He was scared of walking by one fallen sunflower (takes up the whole path), so the next one, Justin showed him how to crawl under that. Well, after that we couldn't stop him from crawling under any little sunflower that was hanging over the path. It was super cute.



He also loved all the kid-sized tractors and push cars to sit on in a big grassy field. And the pumpkins everywhere were of interest, he kept picking or trying to pick them up and signing more. There was also a full sized tractor in the sandbox that he enjoyed steering.

We had planned to go to the corn maze (part of our Groupon deal included that) but by 12 Mommy was hungry, hot and tired so we took a few pix in the pumpkin patch and called it a day.

We wrapped up our morning out with lunch at Wendy's. It was such a great outing, and I'm thankful we got to spend some good quality family time together before Daddy goes back to work tomorrow.




1 comment:

  1. This is my favorite thing about living in BC - seriously! I love all the farm fun in the fall! I tend to get carried away and so I take the kids a few times. :) My favorite is the Apple Barn though I was really pleased with Chilliwack Corn Maze this year. Of course we also like Maan's Farm too. :)

    ReplyDelete