Wednesday, October 3, 2012

38 Weeks

I did it, I did it! I am now the most pregnant I've ever been! I did a little happy dance on Sunday as I passed the 37.5 week mark when I had Isaac. I know lots of women are ready to expel their small occupant by this time, but I'm just thrilled that this baby has a chance to come on his or her own terms when s/he is ready.

Some of the reasons suggested to me when Isaac wasn't nursing well was that his jaw wasn't quite fully developed, or his sucking reflex or something along those lines having to do with him being born early. And after two attempts at inducing me and still not one contraction I could feel, clearly my body wasn't ready to send my tiny son into the big ol' world yet either. So this is a big deal for me, knowing that from here on out, baby will be just that much more ready to join our little family.

I pray and hope that this baby will get to come into this world on our own terms, meaning no inducing, no C-section and ready when both baby and me are good and ready. I feel ready now, if I were to go into labour tonight there's nothing more I need to do. But I continue to prepare since I have the time. I'm spending time in the Word, reading God's promises to me and praying for the strength and courage needed to go through what will be the most taxing thing I have ever done.

Thankfully I feel like I can easily carry this baby for a couple more weeks too. I don't feel overly heavy though my back aches and bedtime is a bit of a challenge getting and staying comfy. But these are small things to endure as I wait for baby to fully mature.

What else? Oh yes, my darn platelets being low, I'll be going for bloodwork again to see if they've improved. I don't have high hopes of that as every time I've had bloodwork done they've dropped lower. Last time they were 110; if they hit 100 I have to consult with an OB at Abby Hospital.

Other than that, everything is looking good. Came back negative for Group B which means I don't have to head to the hospital earlier in labour (a very good thing to help with moving labour along. Everything I read says wait wait wait to go to the hospital for the best results!) Baby is in the right position, praise the Lord. I suspect my aunt had something to do with this. She is a prayer warrior and I merely mentioned to her at my dad's party that baby was breech and said if she could pray. That night when we got home from the party I got out of the car and said to Justin I was pretty sure the baby had turned as my belly all of a sudden looked really different. Ultrasound a week later confirmed it.

Loving life right now, enjoying time with my boy at the park, playing at our house, going for walks and just doing life. Started attending a women's study and after a conflicting first week I walked away this week feeling very very happy with the study I chose to join, the women I met there and a feeling of excitement that God is going to work in my heart through this group over this coming year.

No comments:

Post a Comment